From 2007 City Survey
- 82% of the respondents have a home computer and 81% connects to the Internet at home.
- 60% of Latinos, 65% of African Americans, 76% of Asians and 87% of White respondents access the Internet from home.
- 66% of Latinos, 67% of African Americans, 80% of Asians and 88% of White respondents have a home computer.
- 55% of low income households have a home computer and 50% have home Internet access.
- 52% of respondents with high school education or less have a home computer and 47% have Internet access.
- White residents are 2 times as likely as African Americans to have home Internet access, and 4 times as likely as Latino residents to have Internet when factoring out characteristics such as income, age and education.
- Bayview Hunters Point, Crocker Amazon, Chinatown, Visitacion Valley, Tenderloin, SOMA, Mission and Excelsior have significantly lower rates of home technology use than other San Francisco neighborhoods.
Last updated: 3/19/2010 3:06:53 PM