NOTICE OF MEETING
SOUTHEAST COMMUNITY FACILITY COMMISSION
Thursday, August 11, 2011, 6:00 P.M.
1800 Oakdale Avenue, Alex Pitcher Community Room
San Francisco, CA 94124
Request for public comment may also be heard after Commission discussion
of an agenda item by completing an information card and submitting it to
the Commission secretary. Requests are given “first come, first serve”
priority and speakers may be limited to three minutes.
1.0 CALL TO ORDER, ROLL CALL AND CONSENT CALENDAR
1.1 CALL TO ORDER AND ANNOUNCEMENTS FROM PRESIDENT
ANNOUNCEMENT: The Sunshine Ordinance prohibits the use of electronic sound-producing devices at/during public meetings. Please be advised that the meeting Chair may remove any person(s) responsible for the ringing or use of cell phones, pagers and similar sound-producing electronic devices from the meeting room.
1.2 ROLL CALL
1.3 CONSENT CALENDAR: All matters listed hereunder constitute a Consent Agenda, are considered routine by the SECF commission and will be acted upon by a single vote of the Commission. There will be no separate discussion of these items unless a member of the Commission or a member of the public so requests before or at the meeting when the consent Agenda is called, in which event the matter shall be removed from the consent Agenda and considered as a separate item.
1.4 PROPOSED ACTION: Be it resolved that the minutes of the SECF Commission Meeting of Thursday, July 14, 2011 and Wednesday, July 27, 2011 be approved as submitted.
2.0 PUBLIC COMMENT & ANNOUNCEMENT OF TIME ALLOTMENT
Members of the public may address the commission up to three minutes on matters under the jurisdiction of the Commission that is not on today’s agenda.
3.0 COMMUNICATION (Discussion Item)
· PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Lee Announces Community Corridors Pre-Apprenticeship Program & Continued Funding for the SF Shines Storefront Improvement Grant Program
· STATEMENT: Mayor Lee’s Statement on Responsible San Francisco Sales Tax Proposal
· PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Lee Announces Partnership with Chrysler Group LLC & U.S. Department of Energy to Test New Plug-in Hybrid Pickup Trucks
· STATEMENT: Mayor Lee’s Statement on Lifting Debt Ceiling
· PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Lee Launches Permanent Community Ambassadors Program in Southeast Sector
· PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Lee Celebrates Arrival Of Burning Man Project & Welcomes SF Camerawork & Pianofight Theater To Central Market
· PRESS RELEASE: Mayor Lee Announces New Milestone In Tech Industry Growth In San Francisco
· Letter of invitation to Marsha Pendergast to provide a report on health issues affecting the Southeast sector.
· Letter of invitation to Lena Miller, Director, Hunter’s Point Family, to introduce to the Commission the services Hunter’s Point Family provides to the Community and Green College.
· Letter of invitation to Lowe’s, Gina Meachan, Store Manager, requesting an update on the hiring of employees from the 94124 community, update on community organizations that have benefited from Lowe’s being a community partner, projections on community involvement for the next 5 years, and a 5 year retention plan.
· Letter of invitation to Fresh and Easy, information regarding staffing of new store, and community benefits/partnership
· Letter of invitation to Walgreens, update on community outreach and involvement from 2007 to present, and what is the five year plan for this store?
· Letter of invitation to Foods Co, update on employment for residents in the 94124, 94134, and 94107 communities.
4.0 ANNOUNCEMENTS (Discussion Only)
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Southeast Community Facility Commission will be Wednesday August 24, 2011 at 6 pm, 1800 Oakdale Avenue in the Alex Pitcher Community Room.
5.0 PRESENTERS (Discussion and Possible Action)
San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr
Topic: discuss the issues pertaining to crime, law and fair justice as related to the underrepresented residents of San Francisco.
6.0 PRESIDENT’S REPORT
2011-12 Strategic Management Plan, Outcome of July 23, 2011 Planning Retreat/Session.
Commissioner Willie Kennedy (Discussion & Action)
7.0 RE-Structure of ADVISORY Committees, & ASSIGNMENT/APPOINTMENT OF COMMITTEE CHAIRS & MEMBERS. (Discussion & Action)
a) Facility Committee:
b) Governance Committee:
c) Health and Housing Committee:
d) Economic Development:
e) Joint PUC/SECFC Committee:
8.0 STAFF/DIRECTOR REPORT (Discussion)
Update on Commission’s request to Bayview Police Captain Paul Chignell for demographic breakdown of the Bayview Police Station personnel.
Report on the current activities and operations of SECF Commission services, including, personnel, facility general improvements, programs, and E.P. Mills Auditorium.
Update: Confirmed future presenters.
Wednesday, August 24, 2011 “Dr. Patricia Gray”, Assistant Superintendent, San Francisco Unified School District, also responsible for Zone Schools
9.0 SAN FRANCISCO PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION STAFF REPORT & UPDATES (Information/Discussion)
10.0 ONGOING BUSINESS (Discussion)
a) Update on SECFC retreat outcome and recommendations
b) Update on SECFC Health Fair scheduled for Saturday, September 24, 2011
11.0 NEW BUSINESS REQUESTS for Future Agenda Items. (Discussion & Possible Action)
(This item is to allow Commissioners & staff to suggest/ introduce agenda items for future consideration)
12.0 PUBLIC COMMENT
Members of the public may address the Commission on matters appearing or not appearing on the agenda that are within the jurisdiction of the Southeast Community Facility Commission.
This portion of the agenda is not intended for debate or discussion with the Commission or staff. Please simply state your business or matter you wish the Commission or staff to be aware of. It is not appropriate for Commissioners or staff to engage in a debate or respond on issues not properly set in a public noticed agenda. If you have questions or would like to bring a matter/issue to the Commissions attention, please contact the Commission Secretary after the meeting at (415) 821-1534 and/or Cvaughn@sfwater.org.
This agenda and all minutes can be viewed at http://www.sfgov/sefacility. Agenda, Minutes, and attachments are also available at the commission office at 1800 Oakdale Avenue, Suite B, San Francisco, CA 94124. Phone# (415) 821-1534.
If any materials related to an item on this agenda have been distributed to the Southeast Community Facility Commission after distribution of the agenda packet, those materials are available for public inspection during normal office hours at the Commission office at 1800 Oakdale, Avenue, Suite B.
To obtain a disability-related modification or accommodation, including auxiliary aids or services to participate in the meeting, please contact Commission Secretary, Carla Vaughn at (415) 821-1534 and/or email@example.com at least 48 hours before the meeting, except for Monday meetings, for which the deadline is 4:00 pm the previous Friday.
PLEASE PARK YOUR CAR ON THE STREET.
DO NOT PARK IN ASSIGNED PARKING SPACES.
For More Information, Please contact the Commission Office at (415) 821-1534